Knit Meter

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Third Finish

It’s amazing how quickly you can finish something if you work on just one project at a time. Although I do have a pair of socks on the needles so I have something else to work on when I cannot always work on the WIP.

This finished item is a crochet project that I started at the beginning of the year. I didn’t get very far, just a few rows, before it was set aside. The yarn had been given to me for my birthday last year and I really wanted to get it on the needles. This is something I am good at – starting projects so that yarn is not forgotten even if I will not work on it very much.

The pattern is Waroo and I first made it in 2021 with yarn I bought in a sale specifically to make this pattern.

The yarn I used this time was a set of 6 minis, each weighing 25g. I followed the stitch pattern but not the directions for changing yarn colour. Each mini was changed at the end of a row when I ran out of yarn. I was surprised at how little yarn I had left as I was expecting to have great lengths of yarn that weren’t enough for a full row, but maybe 2/3rds. I ended up with 5g of yarn in total not used. This immediately went into my crochet scrap blanket.



 

 

Having finished project no. 3, I immediately picked up no. 4. This is a blanket I am making with the yarn from last year’s swap. I have made 20 squares from the yarn and joined them all. All that is needed now is some sort of border. On Saturday I picked up a load of stitches around the edge using the yarn I purchased at Vista Fiber Fiesta and am working around in garter stitch until I have used the whole skein of yarn. Then I will decide if I want a bigger border or just to bind off. This is easy, albeit heavy, knitting, so I can work on it at any time. It would be nice to finish this before the end of this month but that does depend on how much yarn I keep adding to it.

No comments: