Knit Meter

Sunday, November 20, 2022

October’s Socks

One of October’s challenges was a new-to-you-designer. And in my arbitrary sock knitting decision making I was able to find a pattern in my Favourites that fit that category. The designer is Imawale and I am pleased that I am knitting one of her patterns as she had been active in Sock Knitters Anonymous group and it is nice to see sock knitters turn designers.

The sock pattern I chose used two colours. I could have used two leftovers but opted for one left over and one new skein. Although, technically, that new skein was a left over as it was a skein that was not needed for my Aureed cardigan. The left over skein was from this shawl. I always felt that this particular colour – Fuchsia – was meant to be socks, although the pattern it ended up being used in does not show the full beauty of the yarn and colour.

The pattern is Faux Cables Socks available for free on Ravelry. It is a slipped stitch and twisted stitch pattern; there is a slipped stitch pattern on the sole which you can just see in my photos but is obvious on the pattern page as the designer used white as her main colour. I like to make my two colour socks fraternal but keep the cuffs, heels and toes the same.

I was not interested in the choices for Novembers knit along which gave me longer to finish these socks. I am very pleased with the finished project.



 

No comments: