Knit Meter

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Do I Have to Talk About My WIPs?

Of course I don’t – this is my blog after all. But it is that time of year again – finish all the things. And I certainly have started all the things. Ever since this yearly Make Along started and I finished a really old project, I have managed to get my projects under control by the year end. Even finishing most of them.

The good thing about my current projects is that only one is more than a year old and it was started as a year long project. (We’ll just ignore that it has passed the year mark.) The bad thing is that I cannot picture when I will finish most of them.

I hope you are sitting down. I have 14 WIPs. So many that it is written in digits and not words. Of course I can get that number down. Because it includes two blankets which are long term projects. Yay, only 12 to finish in just over three months. Here they are in all their glory, except if you diligently follow this rant you will note that you can see only nine. Did I miraculously finish three projects in between sentences? No. I thought the number shown here was bad enough that I didn’t get the three out of the car. (Three in the car!, I know but there is a reason for that.)

Let’s talk about those first. I really thought I had finished a hat, so started another from scraps and then when I was given yarn I started another on a drive so that I wasn’t scrabbling around for scrap yarn. And then after assessing hat one I decided it wasn’t long enough and that needed to be rectified on the next vacation. These three hats will be finished or frogged by the end of the year. Nine projects to go.

Another two easy finishes is a project that needs to be frogged and the pair of socks that I want to finish by the end of the month. Seven left.

There is a jacket that needs seaming, which will just take a couple of days if I sit down and do it without interruption and a cardigan that is easy knitting apart from the bands that need to be picked up. Although once all the knitting is finished there are a lot of ends to sew in, maybe another couple of days. Now we’re down to five.

I really want to finish a cardigan for Christmas, it isn’t very far along, and is cables and lace so doesn’t qualify as easy knitting but if I make it a priority after finishing the items mentioned above. I could finish it.

Which brings us to four projects. One of those I don’t have enough yarn to finish but I haven’t decided what to do about it yet. So if I start the New Year with three unfinished projects I wouldn’t be too disappointed.

Now back to the knitting.


 

No comments: