Knit Meter

Sunday, June 2, 2024

Oldest Project – Gone

Starting the month with a win – of sorts. My oldest project is gone, alas frogged and not finished.

I would like to say it was a quick finish but it took a while to frog as I wound the yarn on to a swift which was slower than winding into a ball by hand directly from the project. I wound it on the swift in case I would want to soak the yarn at some point. The yarn did not come out kinky but better to be on the safe side. I felt a little sad when I pulled the shawl from the project bag because I had been so keen to make this pattern. But evaluating it knowing I needed more yarn I reminded myself that I did not really like the colour and, to be honest, I did not really enjoy the knitting. So now it is gone and not taking up any more physical and mental space. (Well, the yarn is taking up space but not in my WIP bag.)

Before showing the small amount of yarn remaining from the first ball.


 

Start of the process

 


Finished



As I was taking photos of its new state I took the opportunity to take pictures of all my WIPs (mitred squares excepted) so that I have a record of their status at the beginning of the month.

No comments: