Knit Meter

Monday, July 1, 2024

A Quick Update

 

I haven’t mentioned my mini WIP along since I frogged the first project. My incentive for this challenge was to finish some projects especially those from last year. With four year-long projects I felt like I was knitting and knitting and knitting without anything to show for it. This was exasperated in May when the socks I started required quite a bit of concentration.

I had 12 WIPs. Three of those were not going to be finished as two were the year long blankets with patterns released each month and one was the crochet blanket where yarn is added as I finished other projects. Although these could not be finished I did want them up to date and I achieved that with the crochet blanket and one of the year blankets.

I had three projects that if I worked on that would have been the only project completed in June. Two of them were new WIPs so working on one of those would not have completed my aim to finish old projects. These three projects are my mitred square blanket, the aforementioned socks and my easy knitting project. I plan to finish the socks by the end of August and I would like to finish all the squares of the blanket by the end of September so that I have the final quarter of the year to join them.

This leaves six projects. I wanted to start with the oldest and work forward. Not only to get the old projects complete but so that I didn’t put off the two oldest projects. I have already posted about the oldest project being sent to the frog pond but the next project was a dress knitted in bulky weight wool; in other words not something that I would wear right now. But it was the next project and complete it I did. I am looking forward to wearing it.

I then went out of order as I wanted to finish the crochet toy but knew I couldn’t pick it up and work only on it exclusively until finished. I also threw a spanner into my own plans by casting on a new project – a baby gift. I have known about this baby for many, many months. I wasn’t going to cast on straight away but the time just flew and the baby was here. So in addition to finishing WIPs I was rushing to make a gift. Having finished the WIP challenge, I hope I can finish the gift before I see the mother again.

Anyway, having finished the dress, I then worked on the remaining projects in any order depending on what I was doing. I was in the last week hoping it would all work out but a planned outing where I thought I would get plenty of knitting or crochet done turned out to not be the case. Yesterday, it felt as if the remaining projects would be stitches away from being finished but I persevered. Firstly, I finished the crochet hat, then I embroidered the facial features on the toy and in the afternoon and evening I worked on the hat and socks. (And I managed to make lunch and dinner.) And, amazingly, the last stitch was cast off at bed time.

No comments: