Knit Meter

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finished Object and A Change of Mind

I finally finished a second sock this week. I had so many easy things on the go that it seemed to take forever to finish anything. This was a simple pair of socks that I am sure I must have started during lacrosse season but I can't remember. I used the Supersoxx yarn I bought at the Boxing Day sale. As this yarn was self-striping I worked the leg in k3 p1 rib and the foot plain. I worked a star toe which I have not done before but I am not really sure I like that style of toe. Well you don't know until you try.



I changed my mind on the shawl I had started knitting on vacation. Although I liked the pattern, I decided I didn't want a triangular scarf, so yesterday I unpicked the thing. This is how far I had got before it became a ball of yarn again.



I like the lace pattern its the shape of the shawl that put me off. I should have unpicked it when I first had doubts. But, never despair, I cast on for a stole last night in a different lacy pattern. Let's hope I like this one.

No comments: