Knit Meter

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nearly There

Way back in November I wrote about a mystery knit.

Well, this morning I finally finished the knitting part, the start and the end of the edging were grafted and I have a tablecloth - well almost. It needs serious blocking. Although knitted with 100% Mercerized cotton, it will stretch as I knitted to a much looser gauge. It is bulky and doesn't lie smoothly where the first oval increases were made and I am hoping a good stretch will sort that out. I spread the cloth out on the coffee table to get an idea of what it looked like and then I snatched it up and put it on and it was a perfect size as a shawl. So when I have to pop outside when its a bit chilly I can just grab the tablecloth.

My camera has been sent off for repair so there will be photos one day.

No comments: