Knit Meter

Monday, April 25, 2011

Stash Challenge

So the other day I wrote about knitting from the stash as in my stash.

At the end of last year, a member of our knitting group challenged us to knit only from our stash. From there, people made suggestions for incentives and it has turned into a full blown challenge with points awarded for completed items and bonuses for not buying yarn. At the beginning of this month we had a fondue party to celebrate our achievements with prizes for the person with the most points and some acrylic for the person with the least points. Myrna kindly made some project bags for the prizes.

I hope everyone who participated did so just for the fun of the challenge but a couple said it made them more focused to finish projects.

I didn't do too badly for points although most of my projects were one pointers. Would I have bought yarn without this challenge? I don't know. I'm glad I'm using the stash but soon I am going to need a break from socks.

Oh and the original person who started the challenge? She fell off the wagon and was last seen under a pile of fibre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"last seen under a pile of fibre" ...you're one funny girl :)