Knit Meter

Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Small Update

I haven't posted for a while so I really thought I had a number of finished items to show you. But that's not the case and I am rather disappointed as I have only two finished items. That's a pretty poor showing for over 7 weeks since last post. And to make matters worse these are both small items.

Without further ado here they are:

Firstly the hat I made in August for Operation Gratitude. Yarn is Vanna's Choice that I bought earlier this year especially for charity knitting; the pattern can be found here.




And the other item is a baby cardigan. My old next door neighbour will become a Grandmother for the first time and as I know the parents I had to make something. Another Easy Baby Cardigan, this time without the hood. I do like this pattern. I used the yarn left over from the mitts but I did have to buy more of the cream colour and, of course, I know have some of that left and I don't know if there is enough to make anything.




Off the needles but not finished are:- a scarf for Operation Gratitude, it is blocked and just needs the ends to be sewn in; the toy I mentioned last time, stuffing has been purchased; and some fingerless mitts that need seaming but with our current temperatures I haven't had much incentive to finish them.

On the needles are way too many things. I started a pair of socks for the September challenge. They are fiddly so I need an easy project now that I have finished the baby cardigan. Also yarn has been purchased as I went on the San Diego yarn Crawl. I will update numbers when I post about the crawl. In the meantime I can delude myself that yarn out is still greater than yarn in.

No comments: