Knit Meter

Monday, October 24, 2016

Last Charity Knit For a While

When I lived in Calgary I knitted sections of blankets that were delivered to the NICU at one of the local hospitals. Posts showing the blankets are here, here and here. I enjoyed working on these blankets as there was a comradery within the group.

When I moved I wanted to get involved in something similar and a search on Ravelry produced a group which did the same thing. I joined and worked on four blankets in 2013 and 2014. This group was rather more officious, I think because members were spread out more and didn't know each other in person, so I didn't continue although I still like the idea of working on a section of blanket.

After that I found a group on Ravelry that knitted hats for Operation Gratitude which provides care packages to active and retired military. I have made 22 hats and 3 scarves. I have tried to make one item a month. This is my own target but lately I have found the knitting to be an obligation and not an enjoyment. Therefore, I decided it would be a good idea to take a break. I will knit items for charity again when it is something I want to do and not when I feel I have to do it.

This is the hat I started in August. It was suggested in the group and as I have always loved the pattern (I used it in one of the charity blankets) I knew I had to cast on. The pattern is by CorinnesKnits and is available on Ravelry.

No comments: