Knit Meter

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Birthday Quilt

Looking through my posts I realised I had not posted pictures of a quilt I finished earlier this year. Surprising, considering I think this is my favourite quilt. But I finished it in April and it was a gift for a birthday in July. I didn't notice until I saw this post and wondered where was the post showing the finished quilt. Well here it is.



The quilt was a gift for my son and I spent a while trying to decide on suitable fabric design and colours. I finally hit on the idea of bandanas as he had liked them when he was younger. I gradually purchased them with Jo-Ann's coupons. And once I had enough I changed my mind on the design so had to buy more! I chose You've Got Mail from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

I thought using bandanas would save having to cut fabric, but the bandanas were by no means square.

Having completed the top, I had to decide on fabric for the backing. Why not more bandanas?



The binding is a small black and white print. I thought quilting might be a problem, so I tied quilted it at each "point" with embroidery floss, alternating green and red.

This favourite will soon be superseded by the current quilt that is at binding stage.

No comments: