Knit Meter

Saturday, October 29, 2016

When KALs Stymie Inspiration

This might seem a strange title considering I have participated in many knit alongs. But recently trying to work out what to knit in an informal knit along has put me into a flurry of matching yarn and patterns without actually starting anything.

I got into this mess after posting in the Yarniacs group on Ravelry a photo of the yarn I recently purchased. I listen to the Yarniacs podcast. One of the podcasters suggested we have a fun knit along with a skein of Candy Skein. Now did I think, I'll use that skein I just purchased; or did I think I can use one of my other Candy Skeins? No! I purchased another skein to match Gayle's.



And it was downhill from there. When I wound the new skein I decided it really needed to be socks. So what's the theme in Sock Knitters Anonymous? Lace. There's a pattern that I want to knit that will look lovely in this yarn. But wait says the voice in my head. Aren't you supposed to be knitting socks for hubby, for Christmas, with yarn you bought in Virginia? But I haven't started socks for him because since September I have been trying to find a pattern that fits the KAL theme .

And I haven't cast on with any of my Candy Skeins because I can't make a decision on any of those either.

No comments: