Knit Meter

Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Little Stash Enhancement

I started off writing that I had gone nearly a month without buying yarn and then I thought but I frequently do that. And just a quick look at my stash shows that I bought yarn at the beginning of October and then didn't buy again until the end of December. And that yarn was all for gifts. So it must be the beginning of the year that made me aware that no yarn buying had occurred.

Before I tell you what yarn I bought, let me tell you what yarn I didn't buy. My knitting friend that I meet once a week for knitting (at Starbucks - love it) told me that one of the local yarn stores had got in a shipment of Hedgehog Fibers and I should go quickly if I was interested. I seriously thought about it but decided not to, mainly because the Yarnover Truck was coming to town.

A couple of weekends ago it made an appearance at the brewery where my Tuesday night knitting group meets. I like to support the "truck" because I would like them to remain in business. They carry different yarns, none on the low end, and have many of the yarns knitted up into patterns.

This time rather than looking at patterns beforehand and then hoping to find yarn that would work with at least one, I decided to buy yarn that caught my eye and buy enough to knit something but I was to try to avoid fingering weight as I have quite a bit of that especially tonals and variegateds.

And this is what I got:



I have heard of Western Sky Knits but never seen it in person and the yarn was beautiful. I was very tempted by a deep blue that was available in different weights but decided that could be a purchase next time I visit the Truck.

The colours will be worked together into a shawl but I am not showing a photo of them together as the one I took gave a blue tinge to the grey yarn.

No comments: