Knit Meter

Friday, February 24, 2017

Too Sick to Knit or Read

And I've wanted to write this post bemoaning this fact for quite a few days but I've been too sick to write.

I've been sick for two weeks. The first week was filled with me saying I'm getting better and I'd surround myself with books and knitting and laptop but all I'd end up doing was watching tutorials from The Missouri Star Quilt Company. A pretty brainless occupation. The second week was pretty much the same although I did push myself to work on my Pi shawl each day as the finishing date is very close.

The knitting on the Encore striped hat is finished but I cannot muster the energy to kitchener the seam. There are 70 stitches, so not a task to be undertaken lightly at the best of times. But once I have done that I just need to sew in ends (and there are a few as I had to use every inch of yarn) and the hat is finished. Maybe that needs to be my Sunday morning project as it would be nice to have it completely finished in February. My cardigan is also waiting for a bit of energy. I worked until it was the same length as the cardigan shown in this post and then put the stitches on waste yarn. I want to block it to see how the length/width changes before I bind off or work more rows but that requires too much thought right now.

I did manage to finish a hat for charity because I really put my mind to it. And now I find I need more yarn. I have plenty of scraps and a pattern designed for scraps but it will not work as a handbag project. I was going to make a hat for my niece with the navy yarn I originally purchased for this project. But I will use it for charity hats and buy a different yarn for the gift. Either way I have to purchase yarn.

Going back to being too sick to knit or read. It strikes that if one is lazing around the house doing nothing, one should still be able to do the things one loves. At least I could still drink coffee.

No comments: