Knit Meter

Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Woolly Weekend

Last weekend there were a couple of events going on that I was able to participate in. Saturday was LYS (Local Yarn Store) Day and the LA Yarn Crawl was held from Thursday to Sunday.

On Saturday I visited four of the San Diego Stores with one knitting friend and on Sunday I went up to LA with another knitting friend and managed to visit six stores. Phew, lots of driving and yarn fondling and some yarnie goodies came home with me.

This is a photo of everything I got.


Four different skeins of yarn, a mini set and some row counters. From top left, the first skein is to go with yarn I purchased on last year’s yarn crawl. I have been having trouble finishing a project with the yarn I already have, so finally decided to buy more, frog, once again, and knit a simple child’s cardigan.
Next to it is the colour of the month from Candy Skein. I had been eyeing this on Instagram but didn’t order it. When we decided to do LYS Day I knew there was a good chance that I would purchase it. It is beautiful and I am mulling over what it will become and if I will pair it with contrasting or matching colours.

The next two skeins were purchased at The Knitting Tree, LA. The first stop on our LA Yarn Crawl. It was an amazing shop with many yarns that I had heard of but not seen. As it was the first stop on our crawl I only came out with two skeins. I could have purchased much more and would like to return there.

If possible I like to purchase stitch markers as a souvenir but I didn’t see any that stood out to me but in one store I saw some fun row counters. I never seem to have enough row counters although I am sure I have more than I have projects.

The last purchase was the set of mini skeins seen at the front of the photo. They are 1-ounce skeins of a silk/merino blend. And I think they will make a subtle gradient.

All-in-all I had a fun weekend with friends and just a little bit of stash enhancement.

No comments: