Knit Meter

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Something Else Finished in March

I finished Verdon. and I love it. It is big but just what is needed in Southern California where you don't need a coat all the time. And four skeins of yarn are out of my stash. I played serious yarn chicken - I used up all of the red, and had 40 inches left of the grey, 50 inches left of the white and 1 gram left of the pink.

I did not want to soak this as I was worried that the red would bleed but it definitely needed a block. As you can see in this in-progress picture the short rows are bunching.


I laid it out as flat and as rectangular as possible and then laid a wet towel on top. I left it like this overnight and took the towel off in the morning so that the project could dry. Perfect. All the kinks had gone and I was left with a lovely project. I hope you agree.


No comments: