Knit Meter

Monday, April 9, 2018

Stash Enhancement

Although is it stash enhancement if you cast on straight away? Before this pattern was released I knew I wanted to make it and the dyer that the designer had used for her pattern created sets to knit the shawl.

I was really deliberating about the yarn. I knew I wanted a light colour for the centre square and I knew I needed to buy, at least, mini skeins. After much thought, looking at my stash and cost calculation I ordered one of the sets and added another skein of yarn for the centre. The yarn arrived last Sunday and I cast on that evening. The light colour is for the middle and the other colours are the set created by Primrose Yarns. I will use the grey when working with the colours. I know this will result in extra yarn left over but it is what I wanted. The difficulty is recording how many skeins in. I got 10 mini skeins in the set; which is equivalent to two full skeins so do I record that as 2 or 10? For the moment I have noted them as 10.


And this is the centre part finished.

No comments: