Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

On The Eighth Day of Christmas

There’s some finished items.

I have photos of two shawls I finished last year but never had photos of them completed to show. I was hoping to get some nice outdoor shots but it was cold this weekend, so me up against the wall it is.

In April, I showed yarn I had purchased to knit a specific pattern. The Changes Shawl.

I love the yarn and pattern but it took longer to finish than it should have as I did not take it on vacation and then I had to get a new needle. I love the colours, the yarn, the pattern and wearing it.



The other project is also a shawl, but so different. Where Changes is warm and cuddly this one is so light it almost isn’t there. The yarn is a gradient I bought at the Vista Fiber Fiesta in 2017. Being a gradient I wanted a pattern where I could use every inch of the yarn. And I thought I had achieved that when I started the Begonia shawl. It said it was easily adaptable but when I got to the end of the pattern, you had to add complete pattern repeats and I did not have enough yarn for that. My options were to bind off, add a different pattern, frog. The first one would have missed the point of the yarn, the second would have spoiled the effect of the pattern. So leave it or frog it.




I went on an active search and came up with a pattern that was easy to change the size. In fact I was so effective at this, that this is all the yarn I have left, too small to even register on my scales.



The pattern is Fruit Cocktail and this is what it looked like pre-blocking.



I knew a good block would make all the difference and here it is.

No comments: