Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

On The Twelfth Day of Christmas

Umm… I missed it.

I was going to write about my WIPs but as nothing has changed since my 1 January post there doesn’t seem any point in writing the same thing. But I have to write something, it’s the last day – OK that was Sunday – but I need to close with something – but what? On Monday I wrote some more about pattern designers but I didn’t like what I had written it so I didn’t publish it and I have since decided not to visit that subject at this time. But I really want a closing post.

So here is a collage photo of what I was doing on Sunday.



My shawls are on two shelves and as they needed to be tidied I took that as a good opportunity to go through them and decide if there were some I was never going to wear. The top left is Hitchhiker which I made way back in 2012. I like it and the yarn but it is a scarf that I am not going to wear so it will be frogged and become socks at some point. Interestingly looking at that blog post I said “I could always unravel it if I didn’t like the end result”. Also I commented on the crinkliness of the yarn and this will give me an opportunity to soak the yarn before it gets reknitted.

The top right shows two shawls that I am not fond of. The bottom one P gladly took off my hands; the other one I will keep until……

The bottom left photo shows all my shawls. Yes there are a lot but that shouldn’t be a surprise. I have been trying to wear them more often. There are some that are long but not very wide but I can wear as an accent and not as a cover up. The bag contains my Shipwreck which I am wearing in the last photo. It is quite a delicate shawl so I have kept it in a project bag but I really should wear it.

No comments: