Knit Meter

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

On The Seventh Day of Christmas

It’s a new year and a new plan.

Not a plan exactly but an idea of what I will do this year. I am starting the new year with a new cast on. I am not against frogging projects but I usually wait until I know what I am going to do with the yarn as I know if it goes back into stash then I am unlikely to pick it up again. In August of 2017 I started a shawl mystery knit along. It was a new to me designer but she had held many mysteries and I liked the designs that came from them. I had broken my foot so needed something to do and my friend took me shopping to specifically buy yarn.

The knit along was a disaster, the pattern was badly written with many mistakes and would have needed much more added to it for it to be any bigger than a handkerchief. The yarn and my time deserved better. So the project waited and I have decided to knit Viajante. This is going to be a big knit and will take a while but I think will be worthy of the yarn.

I am starting the year with four projects on the go. Two of these I am expecting to finish this month – two of the advent projects. The third project is also an Advent cast on that I mentioned that I hope I can work two rows each day. The fourth project is a cardigan that I started way back in March. I really started it to get some old yarn on the needles and I should pick it up again before it is a year old. I also want to make a concerted effort to use yarn that I have been given. But I do not want my WIPs to build up like they did last year.



I still have to make December’s block for my block a month and as I started in February the last block will be this month. (Except I didn’t make September’s as I couldn’t decide on fabric.) So to be up to date with this project, I should make three blocks this month. I’d like to get those done before I sew anything else.

No comments: