Knit Meter

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Baby Clothes

I have finished and photographed the projects I have knitted for the soon to be born baby. But still haven’t finished the quilt. As we do not know the sex of the baby, I used navy blue and teal as well as off white. All the yarn was in my stash, even the ribbon but I did have to buy buttons for both the cardigans. I have made the bootie pattern a number of times but both hat patterns and cardigan patterns were new to me.

In no particular order here are the items that will soon be flying across the pond.



The pattern is Lara's Version of Stay-On Booties and the yarn is Wendy Beach Baby DK left over from a crochet project.



The pattern is Little Greenup and the yarn is Vanna’s Choice. Taiga Hillard has many simple and similar baby patterns available on Ravelry. I had made a couple for this baby’s sibling but wanted to make something different.



This pattern is Baby Sophisticate and I have thought about making it for a while. The yarn is Red Heart Soft. I like the shawl collar design but I don’t think this is the best pattern to achieve that.

I like making baby hats but I wasn’t sure how much they would be worn as this baby will be born in Spring. So I made the Magic Hat as it is designed to stretch. Having made one hat, I had to make another so I made Quick Ombre Hat. I love this pattern and will make it again for a different baby.



While knitting all these baby things, my mind was wanting to make something for my own granddaughter, so some yarn was ordered and there was yet another cast on on Friday.

No comments: