Knit Meter

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Photos

So now I have photos of my finished project, thanks to my friend taking some at our weekly get together. I have two things to say about this project – 1) I love it; 2) it was a leap of faith while I was knitting it that I would like it. I started the project on 1 January and it quickly became my easy project so was not consistently worked on. The yarn is Gleem Lace from Fyberspates in a beautiful tonal grey, I purchased in the summer of 2017 for a mystery knit along that did not work out. I finally frogged it in December last year as part of the WIP KAL. The pattern is Viajante by Martina Behm, available for purchase through Ravelry.

This photo shows why you have to trust the pattern

– it is basically a big tube and as I don’t like to work with really long cables on my circular needles I could not try on as I went. Martina has a video showing different ways the item can be worn – flat as a regular shawl/scarf or wearing the item like a poncho with the point at the side or the back. Either way I love it.


No comments: