Knit Meter

Thursday, December 19, 2019

More (and less) Yarn

This week my knitting group had their annual yarn gift exchange. This is the type where the gift is wrapped but not labeled and you take it in turns to pick a gift or steal one that has already been opened.The guidelines for the gift have been a skein of good quality yarn. There hasn't previously been a price limit as participants have usually taken a skein from stash. After last year's exchange a couple of friends banned me from taking part as I would always end up with the White Elephant.

I did take part as I had a full skein of yarn left over from a project that I thought would make a great gift. I ended up choosing three times as I was stolen from twice. (A friend says she always chooses something that has been stolen once so that she does not have the stress that it will be taken from her.) I decided not to steal from anyone, there was some lovely yarn but not in my colours, but go for the mystery and I ended up with two ballsof Noro Taiyo Lace. These balls of yarn are 841 metres each, so my stash has gone up way more than it was reduced by the skein I gave.

The interesting thing is that although this was not the prettiest yarn in the exchange it is the yarn that I am most likely to use. As is usual with Noro the two balls look completely different but are the same.

No comments: