Knit Meter

Monday, December 23, 2019

Charity Hat

This year has not been a good year for charity knitting/crochet. I wanted to use up all my ends of yarn before making a decision on future makes. This resulted in many starts and some horrendous looking hats. I have a separate container for all my non-sock left overs, which, for some reason also contains my oldest yarn. When I was getting out a ball of that to continue working on my cardigan, I had a quick look at other yarn and took out a ball of navy worsted weight yarn that was about ¼ used and decided that should become part of my charity knitting/crochet.

On a recent car trip I started a hat – the Better Late Than Never Beanie – which I have made many times. I had been trying to make this pattern work with my many leftovers by working each round in a different colour. Ugh. With this yarn as the main colour throughout, I used a different colour for each single crochet round and a presentable hat was produced.

No comments: