Knit Meter

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Quarterly Round Up

Not really; but I thought I would show the three hats I have made for charity. I made one each month, which was my goal and I used left over yarn which was another goal.

I get my ideas for hats from one of two groups on Ravelry; either the Operation Gratitude group or the Hat of the Month group. Both these groups have a knit and a crochet selection each month, although the suggestions from the Operation Gratitude group are not always hats; sometimes they suggest scarves which are also welcomed by Operation Gratitude.




In January I knit The Capitol hat. I used Red Heart Sport which has been in my stash for a very long time. I cannot remember what I used it for originally but I used up all the yarn I had in making this hat.

In February I crocheted a hat, Hump de Bump Beanie. It is similar to the Better Late Than Never Beanies – of which I have made five- but uses different stitches and is ideal for using up really small amounts of yarn.

Then March was another knitted hat, Checking on the Colonel. The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn and my supply is low, so I used sport weight yarn held double. I really don’t know what I originally made with these dark colours but I’m glad that I found them and can put them to use for charity. The hat felt stiff when I finished it, so I gave it a quick soak and block and that softened it up.

I haven’t started anything for April. Having started two projects to go with our self-isolating, I thought it was sensible to not start anything else.

I have been working on my second-oldest project. Last weekend I got to the end of the pattern and have enough yarn left for the picot bind off – except that’s just one skein of yarn and I have two. It is an easy 10-row repeat pattern so I am just going to keep going with the second skein. It is possible to finish it by the end of the month – we shall see!

No comments: