Knit Meter

Saturday, June 27, 2020

This Quarter’s Hats

This quarter was not a good one for hats, I did not even make one in April. In May I chose the crochet suggestion from the Hat of the Month group – Mock Cable Hat. This is a new pattern with a handful of projects and I used a skein of yarn that had been in my stash for a very long time. This was an interesting crochet using new-to-me stitches and short rows. The only mistake I found in the pattern was regarding the number of rows to work. I like the hat but it came out too small for an adult so I will donate it to children’s charity in the winter.

 

After the no-hat in April and the too small hat in May, I really had to make sure June was a success. I went with the knitted suggestion from Operation Gratitude’s group – Crossing the Tracks. I was worried that the light green was too light for Operation Gratitude but decided that it would be fine as an accent. And I have one successful hat for this quarter.

With regards to the other cast ons I showed in my last post, I have finished the project from the Snowdrop (sale) yarn and have started the next sale yarn project; I have nearly finished the first sock – this is fine as a two month project; and I am on target to finish the old project at the end of July.

No comments: