Knit Meter

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A Pink Dress

You would think with a title like that I could just show you a picture of a dress I had made with details of the fabric and pattern.

But, no. There is a story, of course. A story of an, as yet, unfinished dress.

When I finished the last quilt, I decide that I should get around to making clothes with fabric I had. I cut out, sewed back seam, side seams, shoulder seams and neck band of a dress; tried it on, loved the style and decided I needed more dresses. A quick trip to Jo-Anns before coupons expired and I had fabric. I cut out the fabric and did all the serger work and now had two dresses at the same stage. I decided not to add sleeves to this one and add sleeves to the first one, which was the opposite of my original plan. I quickly neatened and hemmed the arm openings and violà, a dress.

Jo-Anns is my only local option for in-person fabric shopping. I had wanted a printed knit fabric but they only had knit in plain colours. So I purchased this jersey knit. I am pleased with the end result, it is very different from the “first” one although it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. 


 

No comments: