Knit Meter

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

What’s Going on in the Knitting World

In my personal knitting world I have two finished items to show and have been working away on my long term projects. But, still, there has to be hypocrisy and nastiness in the crafting world. Three things happened last month that I was going to write about; I actually had an almost complete draft of a blog post. But I am not going to publish it at this time as it is actually quite negative and am I any better than the people I am writing about if I am pointing out their shortcomings?

In this post I will show off one of my finished items. As you might have noticed I have started knitting socks again and enjoying it, even if there is only a small window where I wear them. And in the last closing down sale I purchased quite a bit of sock yarn, to be used for socks or shawls.

For June I chose the designer Rose Hiver and the pattern Charivari as I had purchased some self-striping yarn. I followed the pattern as written including the short row heel, even though short row heels are not my favourite to wear but this was worked in a different way. I didn’t like the finished heel but when I worked the second sock I realized that I had worked the heel incorrectly the first time. Worked properly it is quite neat and I am repeating it on my Advent Socks.

This yarn was quite difficult to photograph, the website showed it as pink, on the two cameras I used, the red showed as orange. The yarn is darker than shown in this photo which was taken outside.


 

No comments: