Knit Meter

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Starting All The Things (But Not Finishing Them)

At the beginning of the year I had plans for a few cast ons and I did start all those mentioned. Plus I started another project in the middle of the month with the minis I had received in a swap. Alas, I have just one finished item to show for all this effort - the hat - although the gift is nearly finished. The other items were worked on but the gift and the hat received the most attention and I worked a mini skein a day. And I do not have a finished older project although the jacket just needs buttons. (Yes, I am prevaricating on this as my only in person option is Jo-Anns.)

 


 

 

Which brings us to February. And, of course, I started the February hat and I started a pair of socks. Both of these started with provisional cast ons but the hat is now easy ribbing and the sock is not-so-easy circular colour work with decreases on small needles. And I am frogging the mini skein project so now I have to decide what to make with as I do not want the yarn to sit in stash. Other participants in the swap made wraps and scarves. Although these came out very pretty, they are not anything I would wear.

No comments: