Knit Meter

Sunday, January 16, 2022

First of 2022

As most of the hats I make are for charity, I quite often wait until I have finished a few before showing them here. But this one has to be shown as it is my first finish of 2022.

I started this hat at the end of November on a car trip and decided to keep it as a car project even though it added to the number of WIPs I started the year with.

Last weekend we went to San Diego to meet up with a couple of people for an urban hike – Seven Bridges. This was a fun thing to do on a nice Saturday when everyone is still working from home and limiting socializing. Although I called it a hike, it really was a leisurely stroll. What this has to do with a finished object is that I worked on my car project and it was almost finished by the time we arrived home. Later this week, I finished it off (only two rounds needed) and sewed in all the ends.

The pattern is my go-to crochet pattern – Better Late Than Never Beanie – this is the seventh one I have made, and is great for using small amounts of left overs. Usually I will make the medium size for the number of stitches and add more rows for length but this time I only added one extra row of single crochet. It is a little small for an adult; later in the year I will find a charity that wants hats for teenagers and then I don’t have to worry about sending hats to places where they are not wanted.


 

Apart from this hat, I have hardly touched my WIPs. I started a project as planned with the yarns I got in a swap and have kept up with that each day and the project I started as a gift is relatively easy and has been getting most of my attention. I have sewn in one sleeve on the jacket but the two new projects are priority right now.

No comments: