Knit Meter

Friday, September 2, 2022

WIPping Wednesday and Finished Friday

I am pleased to report that I have some finished items and I have not started anything new since I finished them. (But I did start a new item the day after my last post.)

I have finished a cardigan, a pair of socks and two hats. One is a baby gift and the other was the charity hat that was in the car that had reached the decrease stage. August was really for finishing and not starting new projects. The project I did cast on is a gift that I was hoping would be an easy knit but there is lace knitting on every row. It is fine for movie knitting. I am working a little each day on the lace cardigan and will soon be at a major decrease row; I’m hoping for a quick finish when I reach that point.

Having finished my easy knitting (cardigan and socks) I picked up the blanket squares from the yarn swap. The pattern is easy to memorize and makes for a quick knit. Couple more squares to go and then I have to make a decision about how I want to join them. I am pleased with how they are turning out and hope I do not have to buy any more grey yarn.

I don’t have any photos of the finished cardigan as it really has been too warm for modeled photos but I am really happy with the fit.

The socks were for July/August challenge. I made a pattern that I had started in 2015 and for some reason I had abandoned. The yarn eventually becoming a different pair of socks. The pattern is Coexist and the yarn is SSK Yarners Glitz which I won in September 2021 from Sock Knitters Anonymous.The pattern is divided into six parts with four choices for each part. I made slips of paper with the choices for each part and husband blindly picked. It just so happened that he picked the same leg pattern each time. Although this was a fun thing to do, I would exercise caution as some patterns are stretchier than others.


 

The hat is Turn a Square, an easy but interesting pattern. I started it at the end of December and it became my car project, which is why it has taken eight months to complete.


 

The other hat is a baby hat for my nephew’s baby. The pattern is Sylvi and became my Friday night convert knitting.It looks a bit strange as it is modeled on an American Girl Doll. This was another easy knit with easy to memorise pattern.

 


 

No comments: