Knit Meter

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Welcome 2023

Let’s start all the things.

I was very good at the end of the year by finishing up WIPs and not starting anything new apart from gifts. Now I am ready for a new year and new projects. After Christmas I made a list of all the projects I was planning to start in January and got the yarn and needles into project bags. I even gauge swatched for all the items that aren’t hats.

As in previous years I plan to have a charity knit each month. Last year Kelborne Woolens published a hat pattern each month for thicker yarn. I intend to make each month’s until I run out of aran weight yarn. Having got a nice set of interchangeable Tunisian crochet hooks for Christmas last year and made one project I will start the new year with a Tunisian Crochet project using yarn from a friend of a friend’s stash.

There are also some gifts I wish to make. As one is for a baby and another is for a February birthday I better get on with them. And then there is the yarn from the closing down sale in 2019 that is waiting patiently to be cast on. This year I have to do that. I also have got the yarn and beads ready to make the 2018 Advent shawl. I really want to make it but I might have to be realistic and not expect to get it finished this year. Plenty of projects to start the new year with and I still have plans for a hat using some Spincycle yarn I was given and a project using left over DK weight yarn.  And I am sure future months will see sock knitting.

No comments: