Knit Meter

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

First of 2023 and Last of 2022

And they are all hats.

On the last day of 2022 I finally finished two crochet hats. These were simple hats that I had worked on, on car journeys I wanted to finish both of them by the end of the year but as I concentrated on the blanket these projects were left to the end. They are patterns that I have made before and are good for using leftovers.


This is the Simple Seed Stitch Beanie. It is written for one colour but I like the effect when using two colours.


This is Better Late Than Never Beanie which I have made many times as it is easy to change colours although I do not recommend using a different colour on every round as it really does come out like clown bath.

I did start the charity hat on 1 January with no rush to finish it, planning to work on it throughout the month. That is until my friend suggested we started our Spincycle yarns. AsI plan to make a hat with mine I said I wanted to finish the hat already on my needles first. This weekend I made an effort to prioritize it and got it finished.

It is knit with YOTH Yarns Father (from my friend’s friend’s stash) and the pattern was the first of the bulky knit patterns from Kelbourne Woolens. I know this is a bad photo but it actually shows off the colour well.


 

No comments: