Knit Meter

Thursday, August 31, 2023

More Socks

I have finally finished the second pair of socks that I started in June; just in time for the new season of Sock Knitters Anonymous.

As I had previously posted, there were so many options for June and I sensibly narrowed it down to just two patterns. The first pair took me just over a month and this pair took me 2 ½ months. When I knew I was not going to get them finished by the end of July I decided that I had plenty of time to finish them by the end of August. I finished them on the 29th. Not quite the 11th hour but running close.

I do not know what the yarn is as it is one of the stashes given to a friend and then given to me. But it is really pretty and goes well with this pattern. The pattern is Esther by Stephanie van der Linden and was published around 2006. The written pattern is a bit strange in places which I think is a combination of being translated and starting off as a German pattern. As an experienced knitter I was able to decide how the heel should be worked and the pattern centered. 


 

The 17th year of SKA is starting off with a bang.  My aim is still to try to choose patterns that I already own or are in my queue or library. And for September I already have many choices. The pattern I am starting on the 1st is not a beginner pattern and there is another pattern I really want to make. If I can get the first sock finished quickly, I can start a second pattern, otherwise there will be other opportunities to cast it on. It is rare for a sock pattern to fit a theme and/or designer and not also to fit into a technique.

No comments: