Knit Meter

Saturday, December 16, 2023

What is the WIP Situation?

I haven’t written about my WIP achievements as after I finished the socks it seemed to be all knitting and no finishing. And as we are getting close to the end of the year I was wondering if it was even worth talking about projects. But as I have been quiet for so long it is about time they got a quick mention.

When I laid out my WIPs before the challenge there were 12 active ones. I snuck in a cheeky little (but not so little) cast on just before the challenge started as I really needed an easy project for vacation. There were a few projects that would be frogged but I didn’t want to do that straight away as I feared the satisfaction would deter me from completing projects.

The socks were finished quickly as they had their own deadline and then it was knit, knit, knit with nothing to show for two months. Do I work on projects in order of starting, closest to finished, most wanted? At the start it was a mixture of the latter two but one day I calculated how many rows I needed to knit each day to finish the edging on the shawl (my oldest non-blanket project) and it was doable and as I got going I realized I could actually finish it by the end of November. Which I did; blocked and ends sewn in. I won’t be any showing it yet as it is a gift.

While the shawl was blocking it was time to frog. A project I didn’t really like; a cardigan that was coming out too big, and another cardigan which I didn’t have enough yarn. I was sad about these two projects because they were so pretty.



 

I then tackled the three crochet hats. One was frogged and the other two were quickly finished. This did mean that I had no car projects and I had to start a hat on Sunday when I was a passenger. 


 



 

This month I have mostly been working on the cardigan I want to wear at Christmas. I realized that I should have been working on it most of the time because Christmas is just around the corner. But I was hoping that I could have finished another cardigan but sewing in the ends is taking forever.

Of the 13 projects at the start of WIP along, I have completed 4 and frogged 4. Not bad going. Now back to the Christmas project.

 

No comments: