Knit Meter

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Not in Pictures

With a finishing spree at the end of the year, I have not got photos of all my finished projects but I wanted to get 2023’s round up posted on the last day of the year so I can start 2024 with all my exciting plans.

Looking back at 2022’s round up, I started 2023 with four projects and two of the projects are the same as they are the long term blankets. Which means that in 2023 I finished all (non-blanket) projects started before 1 January 2023. This is my biggest aim - not to have old projects. The number of WIPs at any time is less important.

I finished 25 projects, which is fewer than previous years and the yarn used is slightly lower than last year. I made nine hats; six pairs of socks; four cardigans/jackets; three shawls; one baby blanket; one baby jacket; and one tea cosy. I also started nine projects that were eventually frogged. Looking at my plans at the start of the year I did start all the items mentioned but some were more successful than others. The Tunisian project was one of the frogs and the Advent shawl is waiting for a decision. I made five and frogged a sixth hat from Kelborne Woolens.

I knit 8022 meters and crocheted 959 meters into completed projects. The yarn in that I purchased was very low as I only want to purchase yarn if there is a definite pattern I want to make and I need yarn for it. The two yarn purchases I made this year were to support small businesses. I have not counted all the yarn I was given when my friend downsized. Although I have been using a lot of it I did not want to feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of it.

I am happy with my yarny achievements and am ready to cast on all the things.

No comments: