Knit Meter

Friday, August 16, 2024

First of Three

 

In my last post I mentioned that I started July with a sock project and I cast on two more. I wanted to start a challenge in July as the theme fit a pattern that I had purchased in 2017. I had cast them on with different yarn in 2022 but didn’t get very far as I didn't like how the yarn looked in the ribbing at the cuff.

Fast forward to 2024 and the theme for July is literature and I wanted to use yarn I had purchased in a sale, fingers crossed it will work – and it did! This is a simple crossed stitch pattern with the pattern occurring on every third row. After having worked the Advent socks concurrently I went one better with these and worked them two-at-a-time on a circular needle. I had to keep track of the third row but no counting to match socks.

The pattern is Prairie Socks and the yarn is Targhee Sock from Oink Pigments. (And, yes, it is a really bright pink.)



No comments: