Knit Meter

Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I have never really understood New Year's resolutions. I'm sure the majority of people treat them lightly as a fun thing like horoscopes. But I wonder about those who make the same resolution every year because they break it before January ends.

I have been reading on some blogs about stash control for 2007 and going on a yarn diet. I have posted prevously that I do not have a real stash, most of my stash is left overs from previous projects. And going through my completed projects I was surprised at how much I worked from my stash in 2006. Just recently and in the summer, I bought yarn in sales so now I have an old stash and a new stash. The new stash is mostly sock yarn.

I am not going to go on a yarn diet. I am not excessive in my yarn purchases plus I have to make a special trip to any of the yarn stores in town so they can be avoided. But the time has come to deal with my stash. Last year, every other project was to use yarn from the stash, which worked well for the first half of the year until I started some complicated lace projects. I am going to do the same this year. Every other project has to be with yarn from the old stash. That should be managable. But this time next year the stash must be reassessed and if I cannot see a project for any of the left over yarns I must find a new home for them.

Happy New Year

No comments: