Knit Meter

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Out of the Stash

On the 1st January, I posted about my stash. Any stash not used by the end of this year had to be assessed for its usability. As a start to this process I divided my stash into two parts:- stash that could be used for a specific project and stash that I had no idea what to do with.

Imagine my excitement when somebody on Knitters Review posted a request for yarn that I just so happened to have in my stash. She was offering to buy or trade but it was stash yarn so I said she could have it for free.

Good thing I didn't charge her postage. I could not believe how much it cost to send three balls of yarn to eastern Canada. Next time I'll send them individually as I think it will be cheaper. The cost of postage in Canada was already high and has just gone up. I do not know who they are trying to kid when they say it is one of the cheapest in the world. Maybe Canada Post's world has only Canada in it.

No comments: