Knit Meter

Friday, March 16, 2007

Another Sale

The nearest yarn store to me is closing down and they started their sale on Monday. I was debating whether to go on the first day or not thinking that better bargains could be had towards the end of the sale. But I am glad I went as everything was 50% off from the get go and I imagine that they would not have had much left after the first day.

The store is closing due to the ill-health of the owner. It has been open for about 8 years. Their shop was sorted by colour so it was hard to zone in to find the specific weight of yarn you wanted. But they had good basics so you could knit a sweater without breaking the bank.

I was very pleased to buy some yarn with a specific pattern in mind. I had seen the specific yarn for the pattern in another LYS but not in a colour I liked and I had been trying to decide from where to order it and when. So I was happy to see something similar by the same manufacturer in a colour I liked. This is the yarn; I bought shade 23 but I won't be starting the pattern for a little while as it will require some concentration.

I also bought a book Felting from the Vogue Knitting on the Go series. I had borrowed this from the library and knitted one thing from it and there were a couple of other patterns I was interested in. Books in Canada are very expensive so I do not buy them anymore.

And I bought some yarn for my lace collection, ready for the next mystery project.

No comments: