Knit Meter

Friday, March 23, 2007

An Unlikely Read

I have joined a book club. I joined after the selections for the first half of the year had been made so I cannot say why certain choices were made. And this month's read is very surprising:- Extreme My Autobiograpy by Sharon Osborne. Sharon Osbourne is married to Ozzy Osbourne who used to be the lead singer of Black Sabbath and was the lead in his own festival Ozzfest. Lately, the whole family became famous for their show about themselves on MTV. I find it interesting that MTV's cameras have followed other stars and that has been the end of the relationship but it didn't seem to have an impact on the Osbournes. Maybe because the Osbourne's life is so volatile anyway.

I started reading the prologue and it is full of swear words and I didn't think I could continue reading. It felt as if they were put in for effect. But after that the ratio of swear words to non-swear words reduced and seemed to be in the places where a swearing person would put them. The book was interesting for background into the music industry; especially for bands being ripped off. It seemed as if you had to find the person who would rip you off the least.

No comments: