Knit Meter

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

How Long Would You Have Waited?

Yesterday I had a dentist's appointment. The dentist had been recommended by a friend, so it was not a random choice. My appointment was for 1.30 and I arrived at around 1.25; I was finally shown to the dentist's chair at some time after 2.20.

I was in a quandary as to what to do and had decided to wait an hour and then leave. I didn't want them charging my insurance company if I left without seeing the dentist and I didn't want the immediate hassle of finding another dentist. Now, at least, I have 6 months to find another one.

As this is a new dentist I do not know if this is normal for them or if I was unlucky. The receptionist did not say anything until she saw me looking at my watch and at no time did anyone apologise for the delay.

If I had turned up nearly an hour late for my appointment I am sure they would have charged me and told me to reschedule. A pity it doesn't work the other way around.

No comments: