Knit Meter

Monday, May 28, 2007

Saturday's Sky

Not sure if another picture of a tree counts as Saturday Sky but here goes anyway.



The tree is not well positioned but it was there when we moved in and we decided not to move it. It will end up an odd shape as we prune to fit the space available. I am really enjoying the smell of the apple blossom.

Saturday morning I went to the Horticultural Society Plant Exchange. I didn't have any plants to exchange but I was allowed to buy 5 plants for $2.00 each. I chose some for the shady parts of the garden.

Saturday afternoon I dug a new flower bed. Although by the state of the soil -good- and the decorative rocks I found I think there must have been a flower bed there at some point that other owners of the house didn't maintain so it got overgrown with dandelions.

I didn't think to take a before photo but here is a photo of one pile of dandelions I dug out.



And here is a photo of the dug flower bed. I still need to get some edging.



Yesterday I planted a Monks Hood and a Columbine.

And in case you need another photo, here are the rocks I found.

No comments: