Knit Meter

Thursday, May 3, 2007

An Oldie

Here's another oldie but goodie that I finally finished yesterday.

The pattern is The Great American Kid's Afghan which appeared in Knitter's Magazine over a period of 4 months or so. I started the first square on 1 May 2004. I was working on other projects so didn't complete all the squares until January 2005. For some reason it then took until September 2005 to sew the squares into the blanket.

When I had completed the blanket I thought the yarn wasn't very soft and that the blanket needed a soft backing. I don't have a record of when I bought the fleece but I think it was quite a while between finishing the blanket and buying the fabric. For some reason I decided to blanket stitch the blanket to the fleece and then cut the fleece. Obviously that didn't work too well so I had to unpick three sides of my stitching, cut the fleece and sew again. Once I had done that the sewing went quite quickly. Now I just have to decide to which charity I am going to donate it.

1 comment:

Pooch said...

Love the colors in this ghan! It is beautiful and will certainly bless whomever receives it. How very generous of you to give it to someone in need.

:)