Knit Meter

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Plans

So much better than resolutions; plans can be changed, resolutions are meant to be kept.

My plans for 2013 are eat better, exercise better, (I need to write a separate post for this), finish work on the house, knit from stash, read more.

Hmm pretty standard stuff for New Year plans/resolutions. Working on the house is in partnership with hubby and, although, it seems that the list is long it is doable. We just have to do it and not go for walks on the beach like we are about to do today. I'm also hopeful that I will read more than last year as the beginning of the year won't involve boxing things up.

On the knitting front I still intend to knit from stash this year with a couple of exceptions. A baby is due in the family and I do not have any yarn to make a blanket and if we have another dishcloth gift exchange I will need more cotton. Because, yay, the dishcloth cotton is mostly gone. There are left overs some of which are big enough to be combined to make a stripey cloth so I'm not sure I can say I achieved the target from last year of no dishcloth cotton but it's darn close. I am going to have to knit socks as sock yarn in equaled socks out but that is better than increasing the total sock yarn. And the lacey thing that has been on the needles for ever, my excuse being that I can't find the right needles to go with the yarn, I'm thinking that if I work two rows a day (one patterned, one plain) that will go a long way towards finishing it and with only two rows the needles won't be such an issue. I also really need to find a pattern to work with the last ball of yarn from the yarn crawl and then all the yarn from big blocks of purchases will have been used. So I'm really hoping that this time next year I can say that I have made a good dent in my stash.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: