Knit Meter

Thursday, January 10, 2013

First in 2013

So here is my first finished item of 2013, although it was started in 2012. It is a quick easy knit so was saved for those times when I didn't want to look at a pattern.

The pattern is Quincy by Jared Flood and it is the third time I have made this pattern. Here is the first time I made it, I also made it for my sister but never posted a photo. Since I first knitted it, I have made a couple of adjustments; I add 5 stitches to the initial cast on as I found the hat only just fit me. Before cutting the yarn after the working the band, I make sure that I have a knit side at one end and a purl side at the other to start the garter stitch graft. An extra row may be necessary depending on the type of provisional cast on.

The yarn is Merisoft Hand Painted Aran by Punta Yarns and purchased just because I liked it; probably because I was with my friend Clair who is a Punta fiend. Having moved, there seemed little point in making hat, gloves or scarf for myself so decided to make this hat for my friend Sally who lives in Calgary and always commented on my pink hat.

It is difficult to photograph this hat but this should give you an idea.



And now my Knit Meter is no longer zero!

No comments: