Knit Meter

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIPing Wednesday (no. 2 for March)

You might have noticed a small lack of updates this month. This is because I have been to Spain and decided not to try to update my blog while I was there.

I managed to add two Wips to the pile. I like to take a crochet project on the plane, with a plastic crochet hook so that there is not any question about knitting needles being allowed. I didn't have a crochet project on the go so I started one on the first flight using the yarn I bought as mentioned in my post at the end of February. The good thing about that is that I was working on a project that I really wanted to make; the bad thing is that it used four different colours of yarn every two rows. So I had to have four balls of yarn in my hand luggage. As this project is intended for Christmas it will go to the bottom of my WIPs.

Knitting needles and yarn went in my checked luggage and I did complete one sock and cast on for another while I was away. I used The Fiber Imp yarn shown in this blog post and am knitting a Cookie A pattern from Sock Innovation. This project will be near the top of my WIPs.

I have had to look at my last post to refresh my memory of my other project on the go as I have not got any finished projects to show you. The shawl is at the stage where I have to see if I have enough yarn to complete a row and cast off so there is likely to be more unpicking on that one but it is really close to being finished. I have no idea how many rows of the charity scarf I worked. I remember that the main thing was to get it cast on. I think that should be my main project so that I can finish it before the end of the month and be ready to start another project. The toy is still a yellow blob and I just need some time to finish that. It would be nice if I had something to show next week.

I did not cast on the tea cosy for March. I have chosen the yarn and it should be a quick knit. I would like to complete it in the intended month but I might make it in April instead.

No comments: