Knit Meter

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tea Cosy Tuesday and Finished Friday

It is the first Tuesday of the month and time for another tea cosy. I've chosen my yarn - left overs in stash - but haven't decided when to cast on.

I finished February's on the 28th. So it qualifies for Tea Cosy Tuesday and Finished Friday. Although I thought I was going to run out of the purple yarn I made it all from left overs. The pattern had a flower on the top but we liked it with the top of the lid showing.



You can find the pattern here.

And I can show the baby cardigan that I finished a week ago.



I used two 50g balls of yarn and a small amount of another yarn in my stash, probably Sirdar Snuggly but it didn't have a label. I didn't have enough yarn to knit the sleeves to the length in the pattern but I wasn't worried about that as sleeves on baby garments are usually too long. The pattern is from a collection from Sirdar that I bought when my niece was a baby and she is now 15! I made her the sweater and hat shown on the front cover.



I now want to make another cardigan from the collection for the other baby but that will involve buying yarn. I thought I had plenty of baby yarn but I don't have enough to make a complete garment.

No comments: