Knit Meter

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sew Cute

I could have kept with the alliterations and titled this Sewing Sunday especially as I have a few bags to show but this little bag deserved a post of its own.

Through various links I found a pattern for a pyramid bag. I have wanted a pyramid shaped bag for a long time but haven't bought one as Esty is such a pain to search and want is entirely different from need.

Now I can make my own. I made the pattern as written but I have successfully upsized it to to a project bag. This is a perfect size for stitch markers but I am not intending to keep this one for myself. The best thing about this bag - cost. The fabric was left over from these bags, the ribbon was left over from the baby booties and I used a coupon when I purchased the zipper from Jo-Ann's.

I made this bag last Sunday and I followed it with a larger pyramid bag and a box bag and then yesterday as it was a rain day (like a snow day but warmer), I made another box bag and small pyramid bag. A separate post will include details of these together with a couple of bags I made at the end of January which I have not shown yet.

The photo was taken with my phone with the bag on my computer keyboard so you have some idea of size. (The zipper is 10 cm in length.)

No comments: