Knit Meter

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

End Of Year Baby Clothes

On the Yarn Crawl I bought three skeins of baby yarn. This was a planned purchase as a new baby was on the way. I had enough yarn to make a cardigan, hat and mittens. As hard as I tried I could not get a pair of booties out of the leftovers.

The patterns I used, from Sirdar and Patons, date back to when my sister was expecting but the design of a basic cardy does not change.

The first photo does not show the true colour of the yarn. I usually take a photo of everything I make but for some reason I could not find a photo of the cardigan so I asked the baby's mama to take one. The photos of the hats and the mitts show the colour better.



In November I mentioned visiting the Yarnover Truck and a yarn store that I hadn't visited before. I wrote that I had made some strange decisions. One of them was the yarn I bought for the next item. Before we went I wrote down the yarn weight and how much I needed for a few items I was interested in . One item on the list was yarn for a baby jacket, there was also yarn for a hat, some needles and I can't remember what else. Anyway when I was looking at baby yarn, I looked at the wrong entry and bought one 100 gram ball of worsted weight yarn. There is nothing wrong with the yarn, it was just that I had not bought enough for the intended project. After a big search through Ravelry I came up with another top down pattern that was for the correct weight of yarn and I used the whole of the ball.



And a bonus when I came to finishing the two cardigans; Jo-Ann was having a sale on buttons.

I still have two shawls from last year to show off but they both really need better photos.

No comments: